Next: Secondary Objectives
The application should:
- Allow an Othello game to be played in accordance with the predefined
rules and deal with all the game exceptions e.g. deadlocks.
- Make use of alpha-beta pruning and ensure that its function is sufficiently
parameterised so that we can control its behaviour rather easily.
The result of such parameterisation is high usability and flexibility.
- Enable the program and the user to control the behaviour of the game-playing
engine. Such control should allow the program to play better, worse
or even more quickly by fine-tuning and alternating the functions
used to compute a given move.
- Allow the inclusion of extra features such as:
- Load and save game
- Board editing tool with an appropriate interface
- ASCII mode Othello
- Undo function relying on a stack of game states
- View customisation