Log corresponds to version 0.6.0 - version 0.7.8 as changes not recorded beforehand
- The evaluation function now takes into account the sequences
of stones on the board.
- Diagonal sequences are taken care of as well.
- Incomplete sequences are taken into account and are credited
- Components within the evaluation function can now be switched
on and off very easily.
- New menu entries for customising the computation.
- New difficulty level added.
- Width search is now available.
- A new function to retrieve the Nth best move.
- Getting mobility for a given color in a given board is now now
possible in a direct function.
- Many functions are broken down to several inner functions.
- Difficulty modification in command prompt.
- CPU can play itself.
- CPU can play itself at all available difficulties. Currently
5 difficulties are available, so 25 tests are available.
- Neat organised reports are generated automatically for each game
that takes place.
- A batch file omstats.bat was created to automatically generate
up-to-date reports to all possible (25) games between CPU and CPU.
- Severe bug with get_Nth_best_move() has been traced and debugged.
- Non-deterministic move algorithms are built up for all difficulty
levels so games end differently given random seeding.
- Log files now include a final board state expressed as ASCII.
- Saved game format has been upgraded as well as the appropriate
- A report file infrastructure has been established yet currently
not anything sophisticated is generated. The report file should be
used to gather a large amounts of information condensed to allow
- Saved game bug found and resolved.
- Generation reports using batch files to analyze a sample of non-deterministic
games. Currently only beginner has been covered.
- Randomisation enhanced to make games even less predictable. The
seeding is performed by srandom().
- Internal code change - all callback values are defined as preprocessor
values for readability.
- Full and detailed comments in callbacks.c.
- View changes interface to enumeration for readability.
- Full and detailed comments in loaders.c.
- Late file close in loaders.c spotted and corrected.
- Instructions for debugging mode have been added.
- Upgrade the debugging mode interface.
- Annotation of objects in drawing.c - the scene description module.
- Comments added to misc.c to complete code documentation.
- 2 new options added to command line - hiding grid and hiding
the game meters.
- omcore.c, the main procedure, is not fully commented.
- Documentation of computation.c
- Command line option for debugging with instructions and without
- Explanation of difficulty constraints added.
- Detailed documentation of computation.
- Undo implemented, but still not tested.
- Editing tool created to change the layout of the board during
- Visual indication of whether program in editing mode or not added.
- Command line options now include control of computation. This
feature is useful for automatic gathering and analysis of the program's
- Inefficiency issue in texture processing addressed and now FPS
rate has gone up.
- Screen cleared in ASCII mode at every iteration.
- Dynamix game view added.
- Log file includes corners count.
- Report file includes the score gap between the two sides.
- Submenu for algorithm description has been added.
- Algorithm descriptions added.
- Opening libraries added with command-line and menu options.
- Version 0.7.6: Extra illumination options.
- Version 0.7.8: Windows version is finally released and code cleaning process has been completed.