This page exists due to its inclusion in the initial LyX document; it is better off ignored.
The application should:
- Allow an Othello game to be played by the predefined rules and
deal with all exceptions.
- Allow the inclusion of extra features such as load/save game,
logging the board state, different difficulty levels, 2 player game,
- Make use of alpha-beta pruning and make it easily changeable.
- Enable itself to teach itself how to play better (possibly by
fine-tuning and alternating the functions used to compute one move).
- Convert the application into a package that:
- Provides mode for player vs. CPU mode with different levels of
difficulty corresponding to different approaches and algorithms.
- Provides multiplayer mode.
- Allows watching the CPU plays itself in different levels.
- Generates logs of a given game with basic analysis.
- Generates statistical reports automatically for many consecutive